06 December 2017
Competenz has launched new fire protection programmes for apprentices and trainees.
Developed with input from industry experts, the programmes cover skills in detection and alarms as well as fire protection and hand-operated firefighting equipment.
Competenz has created logical pathways for learners to progress, with four New Zealand Certificates at level 3 and six New Zealand Certificates at level 4. These replace the previous National Certificates, and learners can enrol now.
Each certificate is a combination of practical on-the-job learning and theory delivered online though Canvas eLearning, which apprentices and trainees can access 24/7, whenever and wherever it suits them.
A Competenz training advisor visits throughout the year to structure the training material into manageable chunks of learning, set deadlines with learners to complete assessments, and support them through their training.
Peter Ferguson, Competenz Product Portfolio Manager, says the new certificates have been designed to build skills across all businesses dealing with fire protection and fire detection systems.
“Developing highly skilled employees is critical to staying competitive, productive and safe. These new qualifications take a step-by-step approach, which allows for practical and theory to be combined to give better structure and spread the learning load.”
A short video on how online learning for fire protection works is available on the Competenz YouTube channel.
New Zealand Certificates
- NZ Certificate in Fire Protection Systems Technology (Testing) – Level 3
- NZ Certificate in Hand Operated Fire Fighting Equipment – Level 3
- NZ Certificate in Fire Detection and Alarm Systems – Level 3
- NZ Certificate in Fire Detection and Alarm Systems – Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Fire Protection Systems Technology (Inspections) – Fire Detection and Alarm Systems - Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Fire Protection Systems Technology (Inspections) – Fixed Fire Detection Protection Systems – Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Fixed Fire Protection Systems – Level 3
- NZ Certificate in Fixed Fire Protection Systems – Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Fixed Fire Protection Systems – Special Hazards – Level 4
- NZ Certificate in Passive Fire Protection Systems – Building Consent Inspections – Level 4
To find out more about the fire protection qualifications, call customer services on 0800 526 1800 or email email@example.com.